Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I decided to do the Get a L.O.A.D. of This: January's LayOut A Day Challenge! over at the Big Picture Scrapbooking. For January 1st I made this digital LO of my little guy...this photo was just too cute not to use...I created the papers and elements myself for this LO...TFL

Today I also found out that one of my lOs is **FEATURED** in the January issue of ScrapStreet Magazine...in the Design Square column, this column talks about how lines communicate a special kind of feeling and how the lines you use in your layouts help to convey your messsage...my LO from Claire's Birthday this past summer was featured in the section on vertical lines. Its suggested that vertical lines create a feeling of loftiness and spirituality. They communicate a feeling of grandeur and strength. (Sara this LO will be in the mail to you shortly :) )

Also today featured on Di's blog is my LO for her January Sketch...Di I loved this sketch and was even more thrilled with how my LO came together.

Last but not least the family and I decided this was the year we would start a New Year's Day Tradition and we decided to make Carmel Corn...just look at it...can you say YUMMY!!!

Here's the recipe:
6 quarts (24 cups) popped popcorn (or 3 microwave bags, if you're in a pinch!)
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Place popped corn in a roasting pan in 250 degree oven.
2. In heavy saucepan, combine butter, sugar, corn syrup and salt. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly. Then boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla (mixture will foam).
4. Pour over corn and mix well. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool and break up on waxed paper. Store in tightly covered container in a cool, dry place.

Nicole thank you for sharing your recipe :)

5 comments:

Mona said...

Nice LOs! Love Mason's hat, where'd he get that? ;)

Jen said...

Yum that popcorn does look good! I might have to give that one a try!

I also love all the new layouts...you are VERY clever! can't wait to see all the new layouts in 2008!

Lesli said...

Great LO's Renee'. I can smell the popcorn through the screen :)

Margee' said...

Cami's hat is cute! I need one of those. Love the LO.

Margee' said...

You didn't make my recipe?