Monday, October 6, 2008

...now I can say I KNOW someone...

...who has run an FULL marathon!!! This weekend we drove up to Leavenworth to cheer Gina along...who was running the Leavenworth Oktoberfest Marathon...she was amazing!!! It rained...it drizzled...it poured...but she kept going!





Can you tell who's who? LOL

We also had a BIG surprise...Mona flew home and surprised us all even mom...only dad knew she was coming...to cheer Gina on along the way...thru all 26.2 miles!



Here Gina had already been running about 18 miles and was getting pretty tired and feeling kinda sick...I wasn't supposed to be running at all (many of you know I am wearing an air cast right now) shhhhh don't tell my doctor...but I was doing my part to keep her going ;) I laughed so hard when me and Gina first looked at this photo and she said, "are you holding up your pants?" "ummmm no!" lol "I have a back pack on...I just walked about a mile and a half to find her and I have several capri suns...snacks for the kids...a couple umbrellas...and my camera...I was holding the straps back because it was bouncing so much you ding dong!" I ended up running a mile :)



Here's a few photos...I can't share them all - I took over 200 photos of the run...Gina's time was 5 hours and 22 minutes...









You can link over to Gina's blog and see and here more about the marathon there :) She should be posting later on this evening!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... NO - Who is who???? LOL Kudos to Gina!

Margee' said...

Me too! Gina did a great job running and I'm glad we all could be with her too!

kmmiller said...

no I am having a hard time deciding who is who. but with your picture at the top of your blog I finally did figure it out. LOL

I give her a lot of credit for running. I could never do that.

kshand said...

WOW.. I didn't realize how much the two of you look alike!! WTG to Gina on the Marathon.

Margee' said...

They are identical twins!

Jen said...

I could pick you out right away...but I think it's because of our CHA trip :) Looks like a fun weekend...kuddos to your sister...what a run!