Friday, November 28, 2008

Why do the day's just come and go so fast?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Yesterday morning we were all up and out the door by 7:30 for the annual Turkey Trot! We were so happy to be back in the Tri-Cities again to do it, we missed it last year since we were in Spokane but we were back baby!!! It was COLD - only 36 degrees but no one complained until the walk back to the car...and I think I complained the most LOL

This year Mason walked the entire thing NO STROLLER... I had planned on running the 5K but with my crappy ankle I just did the one mile with the Family and we all walked together. Here's some photos...not the best! But its not about the photos its about the memories right! lol





Here's a digital LO I did recently for Pam using one of her latest kits - it was from the '06 Turkey Trot...


After the Turkey Trot we headed to STARBUCKs - gosh I love that place...and I really needed it to warm up! We went home for awhile and then later we met out at my mom's for a Thanksgiving Feast to remember! Gina and I had spent the day before preparing most of the meal...so not much needed to be done...

Well everything seemed to be going as planned...Joe smoked the Turkey it smelled great...it looked GREAT...



Now as my dad and Joe started cutting into the Turkey...that's when everything changed! Picture...uuummmmm the movie Christmas Vacation...ok well the Turkey didn't actually shrivel up when they cut into it, but only a small portion of the Turkey was saved for dinner and Gina and I didn't even eat any of it because we were afraid! LOL

My mom's homemade rolls were the BEST!!! I aske dher to send me the recipe...when I woke up this morning the recipe was already sitting in my inbox...I might just have to make some tomorrow.

Dessert was great I made a Lemon Meringue Pie from scratch and another Pumpkin Crisp :)



Karen...it just dawned on me I never posted the recipe for this...here you go!

Pumpkin Crisp
Ingredients:
One 20oz. can of pumpkin
2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. nutmeg
One 5oz. can of evaporated milk, 3/4 cup
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 spice cake mix, dry
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1/2 tsp. cloves
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup melted butter
whipped cream

Directions:
Beat together the pumpkin, spices, salt, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla and eggs until well blended and pour into a greased 9X13 cake pan. Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top, then drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix and sprinkle with nuts. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 mins. or until knife inserted comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream topping.

3 comments:

Gina said...

OMG!!! It most certainly was a "Griswald's Thanksgiving!" One I probably won't forgot either! LOL :D

Mona said...

Oh yeah, our turkey was picture perfect and didn't smell like A$$ either! ;)

Mona said...

Madi made the pumpkin crisp and everyone loves it. :)