Saturday, November 28, 2009

Another holiday has come and gone...

Thanksgiving morning we were all up and out the door by 7:30am and heading over to the Turkey Trot. It was cold but luckily the wind wasn't blowing...there were so many people probably because they were hoping to see Sarah Palin...my guess is that many people were disappointed...we didn't see her...but according to the news she was there. Afterwards, we headed to STARBUCKs to get some of our favorite coffee from our favorite people. Here's a quick photo collage I threw together with some photos.

...after the run we stopped by the new BIG house...we were told that they would be working and I was happy to see that they weren't - no one needed to be working on Thanksgiving Day. We took a picture of the kids standing in the entry and in the windows of my new office :D (the view behind the kids in the doorway will be there...because that two story wall will be all windows.)



I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with friends and family...we did...this was a day that should be spent with the ones you love and the ones who love you back. We enjoyed the day with Stuart's parents and Grandpa and youngest brother and fiance from Seattle. There was so much food and I ate too much! This year I was in charge of making the homemade mashed potatoes...somehow in the rush at the store I grabbed a bag of red potatoes instead of brown but they still turned out fabulous! I also made my favorite pumpkin crisp and homemade rolls...I was pleasantly surprised when they raised :D woohoo I have been having a hard time over the last couple of years making them and they turned out perfectly...I used my sister-in-laws recipe and they were a big hit at dinner!

Here's my November LO for "Celebrate the Seasons" over at 2Peas...and I followed the sketch almost exactly...it just made it easier for me finish up :D


Credits: Nov. Paper Collection, Crysanthemum Papers, Au Natural Elements, Natural Papers, Bunches of Borders by CreativityByCrystal available at www.JessicaSprague.com, Karla Dudley: Date Stamp & Thanksgiving Freebie, Gingham Ribbon by Pamela Odd, Stitches by Sande Krieger.

...we never go out for Black Friday but Stuart and I headed to the store at about 10:30...we were looking for one thing...grabbed it and came right back home! I need to get online and place one last order - then just grab a couple more things and we are done...and it feels good since its not even December 1st!

Last night we went out to dinner with friends and then to see the movie The Blind Side...I loved it...it was a great movie...and on the way home...we drove by the house to see what was accomplished for the day...the upstairs floor is on :) We should still be on schedule to have trusses delivered on Monday.

2 comments:

Larry, Shanda, Aana, and Addison said...

Fun Pictures...I can't believe your house is finally appearing on that great lot. I KNOW you guys are excited!!!

Jen said...

Sounds like you guys had a super weekend. Love the pictures from the turkey trot! I am laughing about your comment about black friday because I have a very crazy black friday story to tell you - all I can say is NEVER again and it's so off my bucket list...giggle :)

Hugs!