Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Before and After

























...yeah I know these aren't the best photos...its always hard for me to give up my camera...and this is the reason why...but at least I have something to document this day.

Yesterday I had 13 inches of my hair cut off...and I didn't do it just because I needed a change...I was perfectly happy with my hair...it had taken me 4 years to grow it out...

These days it seems like cancer just surrounds me and though I have my health...the feeling of hopelessness I have felt has caused me a tremendous amount of sadness...so I decided to donate my hair to {Locks of Love}. I am happy to know that my hair is going to make a child very happy! But I also know that I am supporting the ones I love who are fighting this terrible disease CANCER. I can't take away their pain, or how sick they are feeling, I can't give them the energy they need to do the basic everyday things or the things they love to do - but I really hope these people know how much they mean to me and if I could do anything and I mean anything I would do it!

14 comments:

Eva said...

Awwww, sweet Renee...look at how beautiful you are....and what a beautiful thing you did with your hair....sending you bunches of hugs and I am keeping you and your family in my prayers!

Kelly Mahany said...

I LOVE your new hair cut!! Hint Hint... I am hosting a BEFORE And AFTER type SB challenge this weekend for VSBN... I would love to have you play along!! Still praying for your dad! Hugs Renee!

Heather said...

Girlie, you look amazing with your short hair! I'm so happy that you did this! You are one amazing sweetie and they are gonna LOVE your hair! I'm doing the same thing actually! I've been growing it out since last August. It takes 2 years to grow, so I have 1.5 years left, but I'm sure I'll ride it out through the frustration stages! LOL...Love the new look!

Angie Blom said...

Well you hair looks wonderful short.. I know how you feel.. my brother has suffered alot with his cancer and HIV that brought the cancer on.. It brings tears to my eyes to know that so many suffer from this.. You are doing a wonderful thing here.. We all have to do our best to find a cure.. mine is going to be walking in June.. with alot of other supporters for 12 hours!! Ever little bit helps. You are always in my prayers. Xx

FibreJunky said...

Aww!!! Good for you! My girls and I have done this. Meg, my oldest, is growing hers out again. I'm actually trying to get my son to do it. He could easily cut off a good 20" and still donate again!
You look adorable in both shots.

Unknown said...

You are so beautiful!

maryanns said...

What a wonderful, generous gesture on your part. I, too, have a very good friend going through cancer treatments again. I will keep your friends and family in my prayers. BTW, you look great with your new hair do!!

just me and z said...

LOVE the new do! you look gorgeous! that style fits your face perfectly!
That is so sweet of you to donate. i've wanted to donate to LOL for quite some time, but my hair just doesn't grow that fast. :(
thinking of you and your family. i just lost a friend to breast cancer who was 32 and had 3 kids under 8. i also have a friend who is 31 and struggling with cancer that has now spread to all of her organs. she has a 2 year old daughter. it really IS everywhere, unfortunately. :(
big hugs from oklahoma!
-lindsay

Lisa Dickinson said...

that is awesome! and your new cut is adorable - i love it!

Rona said...

you are an amazing women Renee and you are gorgeous with short hair too!!

Marlene said...

Fantastic new hair do!! LOVE it!!! What a great deed. :)

Jen said...

Love you new hair girl! I know things have been so hard with everything going on in your life right now. Sending tons of prayers your way - and look how adorable you are!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super cute hair style! LOVE IT--I'm thinking about doing this "major cut" too! I'll keep you posted...I'm a bit scared!

Jenn said...

You look awesome with shorter hair...years younger!!Prayers for the family!