Saturday, February 18, 2012

...today I cried for my dad

...but I realized I was crying for different reasons...of course I miss him but I realized I was crying because I was so grateful and SO FORTUNATE for all he had done for me and everything he had brought to my life. I am so blessed...for what he gave to my life and what I got to experience with him.

He was there to walk me down the aisle on my wedding day and tell me that I could do this when I told him I was scared to go out there in front of all those people...

He was at the hospital all three times...getting holding my children for the first time...meeting his grandchildren...even if it meant that he was not going home to get the much needed rest from working all day or night or missing his "T" time...

...and on each of their {birthdays} he always would light their candles!

I know he continues to watch over all of us...I KNOW that he is proud of every single one of us...

My mom is still having a hard time and as my dad was slipping away...I whispered to him...promising him again...assuring him that we would take care of her...he didn't need to worry about that...just like I said to him on one of our last walks down his road...he wouldn't need to worry...we would make sure she would be ok and we are doing that...

1 comment:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Renee'--bless your heart! HUGS!!!!!!!!!